Voting now closed
Post Office has been recruiting two serving Postmasters to join the Post Office Board of Directors.
As part of the recruitment programme, we arranged an election process for all Postmasters and Partners to select the two Postmasters they wanted on the Post Office Board.
Six candidates were contesting in the elections.
- Lee Dearn, Postmaster for Sydenham, Belfast, County Antrim
- Mukhtar Goraya, Operates two Post Offices (New Eltham, London and Rosherville, Kent)
- Saf Ismail, Operates six Post Offices (five in Lancashire – Blackpool Road, Bolton, Heywood, New Hall Lane, Plungington Road) and Farnworth, Greater Manchester
- Elliot Jacobs, Operates seven Post Offices (five in London – Camden, Crouch End, East Finchley, Muswell Hill, Stoke Newington) and Hertford and Potters Bar in Hertfordshire
- Jasbir Parmar, Postmaster for Kempston, Bedfordshire
- Sarabjeet Soar, Postmaster for Styvechale, Warwickshire
The three-week election process started on Monday 22 March and voting closed at 9.30am on Monday 12 April.
Civica Election Services who is running the election for Post Office will now verify the results from both the online and postal voting.
The two candidates with the most votes will be recommended to the Secretary of State for BEIS for final approval.
We will announce the two successful Postmasters as soon as possible.