Postmaster Engagement – apply to be a Regional Forum Member
We want the Postmaster voice in every level of our business and make changes in a way that benefits you. We are making some changes to existing regional forums so they are structured and formal, and outputs coordinated with other regional forums.
We’re also looking for volunteer Postmasters to join our Monthly Regional Forums. Postmasters in the Regional Forums will support with resolving day-to-day and tactical issues at a regional level, with complex and strategic issues to be resolved through the creation of a new National Postmaster Forum.
The first Monthly Regional Forum will begin in January and will be run by Regional Managers. We will require full commitment of members to attend the monthly regional meeting. Each Regional Forum will also select one Postmaster to attend the National Postmaster Forum which we will stand up next year and will chaired by Amanda Jones.
We also taking the opportunity to review current forum membership to make we are fully inclusive of our diverse Postmaster community. We want Postmasters from different branch models, varied locations, different genders and ethnic groups and even different retail environments.
Successful members are expected to;
- to attend all monthly forum meetings and (if selected, this includes the National Postmaster Forum meetings too)
- Meetings are expected to last 1.5 hours, once a month so you will need to be committed to having this amount of time available each month. Meetings will virtual to begin with, so no travel time is required.We may look to have face-to-face meetings in due course.
- Supporting and representing your local Postmasters – be available to hear local Postmasters’ opinions to understand important issues.
What to expect from Post Office;
- You will have greater role in helping prioritise and resolve key issues in the region and ultimately making things better for Postmasters.
- You will be listened to, and given opportunities to highlight the operational issues and process improvements that are needed.
- You will be more involved and a chance to influence of decision making across Post Office, with opportunity to connect with senior leaders.
Please contact your Area or Regional Manager if you would like to discuss this further.