Our digital team have been supporting Postmasters over the last few months to help them make the most of Google My Business. We also let you know that the team are now also adding relevant customer messages as posts on Google. This will continue up to 23 December and will reflect the branch marketing materials.
Google have also launched an advertising campaign encouraging people to support the local businesses they love featuring some well-known faces such as world heavyweight boxing champion Anthony Joshua and actor Sheridan Smith.
The campaign asks customers to show their support for local businesses by leaving a review on Google and we see this as a great opportunity for Postmasters to take advantage of this by encouraging their customers to participate.
Google Reviews are important for a number of reasons;
- 66% of customers will check reviews when deciding where to shop
- Google rewards businesses with positive reviews with greater visibility and traffic (and therefore footfall!)
- Reviews that receive responses from business owners demonstrate high customer service standards
Here are some examples of branches that are managing reviews well;
And some recommendations to help drive footfall into your Post Office;
- Claim your Google My Business page
- Ask regular customers to add a Google Review – use this Facebook Post
- Respond to all reviews quickly and professionally
Grow with Google My Business
If your profile is now owned by you, but you would like help from Post Office to add posts on your behalf, you will need to add email@example.com as a User in your GMB dashboard.
We continue to offer training on Google My Business so you can take ownership of your page and promote your business more effectively. Ask your Area Manager for details.
If you have any questions or concerns about this activity please contact Andy Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org