National Day of Reflection – this Wednesday 23 March
This coming Wednesday (23 March) is the National Day of Reflection 2022, organised by the Marie Curie charity to mark two years since the first national Covid lockdown. The day is a chance to connect with each other as we support the millions of people who are grieving and reflect on the lives lost during the last two years.
Our Postmasters have played an important role in their communities during the pandemic, with many branches remaining open throughout to provide essential services from banking to bill payments. People in our business will have lost loved ones, and all of us have been impacted in some way.
If you wish to, we encourage you to mark the day in-store and have included some suggestions from Marie Curie below.
If you want to get involved with the day, here are some suggestions from Marie Curie:
- 12 noon: Join people around the country in a minute’s silence.
- 8pm: Shine a light in the evening to show your support. Buildings around the UK will be lit up in yellow.
- Host or visit a Wall of Reflection in your local community.
- Wear a daffodil or display spring flowers in your window.
- Share one of Marie Curie’s social media graphics alongside a personal message.
Full guide: Toolkits and resources (mariecurie.org.uk)
If you have any questions, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.