Our Mails business continues to grow and the upward trend is helped even further by global shopping events like Amazon Prime Day.
Amazon have recently announced this year’s dates for the shopping event - for a record 48 hours, from midnight on 15 July, until the end of 16 July, the online retailer will be offering its Prime customers exclusive online discounts and product launches. Pre-event offers are already available.
How big is the opportunity?
New research from Mintel says:
- 86% of UK customers are now Amazon users
- 70 per cent of Amazon’s UK customers shop on the site once a month
- 17 per cent make an order around once a week.
- 39% of them have access to the premium Amazon Prime service, by subscribing personally or via the account of a friend or family.
- There are an estimated 15 million UK Amazon Prime customers
What do customers buy?
Prime day was the biggest day of sales in Amazon’s history last year, more than Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Most orders are for gadgets, particularly Amazon’s own branded ones - Prime Day 2018 was their biggest day of sales ever for Echo devices, Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers and Fire TV sticks.
All in all, that’s a lot of parcels! And that brings customers into our branches, to get great service from you and your teams for collections and returns
How are you getting ready for this busy day?
Look out for our second feature on Amazon Prime Day next week.