Mails has been a part of the Post Office since day one. It’s the service everyone knows we provide. But the market today looks very different to what it was 5, 3, and even 1 year ago. The competition is heating up and customers’ needs and expectations continue to change.
Post Office and Royal Mail continue to be key players in the mails market, so a strong and close working relationship is vital to us maintaining our position in the market. Together we are the most trusted, convenient and reliable service.
Keeping a close eye on the competition is an important part of running a successful business.
Currently there are over 25 providers currently in the UK offering various type of mails services, and they are coming up with faster, modern and innovative ways to serve customers.
Here we profile a key competitor and see what they are up to:
Focus on Parcelly
- About Parcelly
- Launched in 2015
- Customer access
- There are now more than 2,600 customer access points across the UK
- Key markets
- Offer customers a virtual address, to which they can direct all their retail parcel deliveries enabling convenient click and collect.
- Enables same hour delivery for retailers by setting up their locations as mini-warehouses for selected retailer product lines.
- Developments in the last year
- New partnership with same hour courier, Stuart. Provides ability to do click and collect for same hour deliveries and instant returns.
This shows the level of competition in the click and collect market is growing as well as the different ways competitors are looking to solve the problem for customers. Their model allows for any retailer to become a click and collect point and allows for customers to select their most convenient pick-up location regardless of the retailer they order from or the carrier that delivers the item.