The Post Office is synonymous with mails, but customer needs and expectations are changing and the market is becoming increasingly competitive. Currently, there are over 25 providers in the UK offering various type of mails services, and they are coming up with faster, modern and innovative ways to serve customers.
Post Office and Royal Mail continue to be key players in the mails market, so a strong and close working relationship is vital to us maintaining our position in the market. Together we are the most trusted, convenient and reliable service.
Keeping a close eye on the competition is an important part of running a successful business. Here we profile one of our key competitors:
Focus on Collect Plus
• Formed in 2011 and launched with 3500 customer access points
• Market themselves as a 'refreshingly different' parcel service
• Partnerships with Yodel and are partly owned by PayPoint
• They now have a network of 7500 access points in newsagents, convenience stores, supermarkets and petrol stations
• 90% of people in the UK’s towns and cities live within a mile of a Collect Plus store
• Collect Plus focus on the younger demographic by providing fast and convenient locations to process returns and to pick up click and collect items. Significant majority of volume is return and click and collect.
Developments in the last year
• Formed a strategic partnership with eBay which allows sellers and buyers access to the Collect Plus network for click & collect services.
• Launched print in store for returns in Jul 2018 (with Alexa integration) following launch of the service for purchase and sending customers in 2017.
Our click and collect (local collect) and returns services cater for the younger demographic that use them. Providing excellent customer service to these customers is all about speed and convenience.
A sub-60 second transaction time is the standard being set by our competitors in this area.
More Mails market watch: