In October, we confirmed our acquisition of Payzone’s bill payments business. Find out more about this addition to the Post Office group with five fast facts.
Together, Post Office and Payzone have 25,000 outlets where customers can pay bills. There are more than 500 million over-the-counter bill payment transactions every year, with more than 10 million bill paying customer transactions a week across the leading providers of bill payment services in the UK.
Five fast facts about Payzone
• Payzone UK was founded in 1995, so has been offering payments solutions for almost 24 years
• It has around 14,000 bill payment outlets across the UK
• Its bill payment business headquarters is in Northwich, Cheshire, and it employs around 70 people
• Payzone outlets are operated by a mix of sole traders, small companies and larger retail groups
• Customers can currently top up their mobile, pay for their utilities with leading energy suppliers and regional water companies, pick up and drop off parcels via Hubbox and Hermes, pay for tolls and regional transport tickets.
Next week, we’ll be looking more at the bill payments market as we continue to look at how our Payzone acquisition can help us win new, bigger contracts, boost branch footfall and increase our share of the important bill payments market.