Last Thursday night, Post Offices around the UK attended the prestigious Retail Industry Awards. The awards are commonly known as the ‘Oscars’ of the retail grocery sector.
Post Office sponsored the Post Office Retailer of the Year category, which Debbie Smith, CEO – Retail at Post Office, presented to our worthy winners.
We know that having a Post Office franchise gives retailers a boost, setting them apart from the competition. Offering Post Office products and services in a thriving retail outlet importantly puts us where it is most convenient for customers.
Our Post Office Retailer of the Year award category recognises those retailers maximising the partnership – congratulations to the below branches who won on the night:
- The award for the Independent category was won by UOE Enterprises at East Finchley Post Office run by Elliot Jacobs. He now runs six branches and is planning to take on a seventh soon.
- Long Crendon Post Office which is part of a Best Way store was the winner of the Symbol group category and McColls Queensway Post Office in Weston-super-Mare won the award for Best managed store.
- Congratulations also to everyone who was shortlisted and to Blaenavon Post Office, Spar’s Stoneydelph Post Office and Warner’s Budgens, Moreton-in Marsh Post Office who were highly commended by the judges.
Post Office was shortlisted - for the second year - for the Franchise Group of the Year.
Congratulation to all the following branches who were shortlisted in other award categories and won, received highly commended awards or were recognised on the night.
- Eurospar Carrowdore Post Office, County Down (winner): Forecourt Retailer of the Year
- Jack Cross, Warner’s Budgens, Bidford-on-Avon Post Office, Warwickshire: (winner) Store Manager of the Year (independent)
- Stephen McMahon, Co-op, Old Park Road Post Office, Belfast: (winner) Store Manager of the Year (multiple)
- Mulkerns Eurospar, Cloughoge Post Office, Newry, County Down: Independent Community Retailer of the Year, Drinks Retailer of the Year and Fresh Produce Retailer of the Year
- Londis Woodhouse Street and Post Office, Leeds: Independent Community Retailer of the Year, and Frozen Food Retailer of the Year (independent)
- Warner’s Budgens and Post Office, Bidford-on-Avon, Warwickshire: Independent Community Retailer of the Year
- Spar Greenway and Post Office, Belfast: Most Improved Store
- Londis Caterways Post Office, Horsham, West Sussex: Store Team of the Year
- Spar Oswaldtwistle and Post Office, Lancashire, Digital Engagement Award
- Eurospar BP Templepatrick Post Office, County Antrim: Forecourt Retailer of the Year
- P&G Eurospar, Portadown Post Office, County Armagh: Forecourt Retailer of the Year
- Stephanie Shillito-Teun, Mace, Braintree Post Office, Essex, Store Manager of the Year (independent)
- Gregory Cochrane, Eurospar and Post Office Knockchree, Kilkeel, County Down: Store Manager of the Year (multiple)
- Stephen McNeilly, Eurospar and Post Office, Templepatrick, County Antrim: Store Manager of the Year (multiple)
- Joanne Walker, Eurospar and Post Office Carrowdore, County Down: Store Manager of the Year (multiple)
- Lynsey Wilson, Eurospar and Ashbury Avenue Post Office, Bangor, County Down, Store Manager of the Year
- Eurospar Ballymoney and Post Office, County Antrim, Chilled Retailer of the Year
- Warner’s Budgens, Moreton-in-Marsh Post Office, Gloucestershire: Drinks Retailer of the Year