There are hundreds of Postmasters who are taking their business from strength to strength and we’re pleased to announce that several of those Postmasters have earned a place at this year’s Retail Industry Awards. The 2019 ceremony takes place on 17 September in London.
There are various categories, including our own, Post Office Retailer of the Year. This category is for owners of convenience stores and supermarkets whose outlet includes a Post Office counter (or combination till).
The judges were looking for stores that can clearly demonstrate how they integrate the two elements – Post Office services and grocery/impulse retail – to make a success of the overall business.
Congratulations and good luck to all Postmasters. The shortlisted branches for Post Office Retailer of the Year are:
- West Boldon Post Office, Tyne & Wear
- Barnton Post Office, Envelope & Bacon, Edinburgh
- Londis Caterways & Post Office, Horsham, West Sussex
- SuperValu Omagh & Post Office, County Tyrone
- Spar Greystone, Antrim, County Antrim
- Eurospar Carrick Milestone
- McColl’s Buntingford, Hertfordshire
This is another success for Amish Shingadia of Londis Caterways, who has won:
- 2019 Post Office Retail Award for ‘Retailer, small’ category.
- 2018 Asian Trader Awards winner of the Next Gen category and a finalist in the Best Independent Retailer Category.
- 2018 Convenience Retail Awards, finalist for Best small store and Best customer service.
- 2018 IAA Independent Achiever’s Academy, listed in top 100 retailers.
Best in the business… now best in the industry
Many of the shortlisted branches in the Retail Industry Awards were also top performers in the 2019 Post Office Retail Awards. It’s great to see their excellence shining through, getting recognition from across the retail sector.
To see the full shortlist for all categories, see the Retail Industry Awards site.