Last week’s focus on our customer experience in branch during Love Your Customers week (10-14 February) has really paid off – with Post Office customers taking the opportunity to celebrate the brilliant level of service being provided by our Postmasters and branch teams.
In total, a whopping 6,603 customers shared their feedback last week and 6,114 of them felt the service they received was excellent and rewarded us with an Extra Mile. That means a massive 92.5% of our customers who responded during Love Your Customers week were really happy with their experience in branch.
Post Office’s Head of Customer Experience, James Scutt, said: “I’d like to thank all the Postmasters, Branch Managers and their teams for their hard work and effort, which made Love Your Customer week such a resounding success. This focus has made a real difference and there have been so many great comments from customers – it’s clear that they love Post Office back!
“We’ll be looking at our customer experience again for National Customer Service week in October and Love Your Customer week will certainly return next year. Of course, providing great service should come as second nature and be part of business as usual, so I’d like to ask everyone across the network to please keep the focus on customer experience at the forefront of your mind and part of your daily routine.”
Now all the Extra Miles have been received and the final results are in for the whole week, we would like to congratulate the UK’s top 10 branches for providing outstanding customer service:
- Cardigan, Northern Ireland and Wales
- Lochee, Scotland
- West Runton, East of England
- Welwyn Park, North of England
- Blairgowrie, Scotland
- Ilkeston, Midlands
- Lechlade, South West
- Whitfield, Scotland
- Dodleston, North West and North Wales
- Cleveleys, North of England
Here is a final round-up of just some of the amazing comments customers made about Post Office during Love Your Customers week:
- “In the process of renewing my children’s passports... Was advised to go to Llangollen where I received a extremely high standard of service, the lady was friendly, polite and clearly had much experience. Will definitely be going there in the future.” Llangollen
- “It is a real joy to use our local Post Office, Mary the postal officer knows everyone by name and is very helpful.” Henllan
- “I got advice about which service to use, and why it would be the best one; and the person was very patient with me when I was dithering.” Stow
- “Counter staff work quickly so Barry the postie can take my parcels. Staff are friendly and efficient. I regularly post the same package to the same address, probably weekly. They recognise me and acknowledge me. Although they know exactly what I send they always remain professional and ask. Barry the postie always takes the other parcels out to the van first to allow me to complete as I get there at 5pm as he is collecting.” Patchway
- “I was really the nightmare customer! I arrived with a big bag of parcels (about 13!), 10 minutes before closing time (I had been delayed, and really needed to send these parcels before the end of the day). The lady (her name was Nia) was on her own at the service counter, and after seeing my big bag and my clearly stressed face (!) she politely let me know the closing time and said she'd try her best to get them sent off for me. She quickly and efficiently processed all of my parcels (of which there was a variety, including Click & Drop and various sizes of parcels and large letters). She stayed at least 10 minutes later than the closing time to do this for me, which I appreciated so much. She chatted to me whilst she worked through them, and made me laugh! After the stress of trying to get there in time, she was so lovely and put me at ease instantly. She never once made me feel like I was inconveniencing her. I would say Nia definitely went above and beyond her duties to help me, because I know a lot of people would have just turned me away given the time and the number of parcels I wanted to post.” Colwyn Bay
Remember, you can see feedback from customers about your own branch through Qualtrics, the platform we use to measure and view our customer experience metrics. Please speak to your Area Manager for more information if you have not already signed up for a Qualtrics account. If you have any other questions or need any additional support, we’re also here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org.