This week (1-5 October) is National Customer experience week. To mark the occasion we share some of the golden words famous business leaders have followed and played a part in their success.
When we think about business leaders across the globe, we often think of famous faces like Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos and Steve Jobs. Some would say their success is down to a natural flair for business, however, the reality is that every entrepreneur has to work hard to grow their business.
These famous faces have believed that exceptional customer experience is they key ingredient for success. They have developed and relentlessly followed key mantras to take their business forward and as a result, they are the thriving businesses we hear about and buy from today.
Here we share some of the simple, creative and inspiring golden words developed by successful entrepreneurs.
- We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. Jeff Bezos, Amazon
- Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends. Walt Disney
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. Bill Gates, Microsoft
- Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you will tell them what they need before they realise it themselves. Steve Jobs, Apple
- The key is to set realistic customer expectations, and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them - preferably in unexpected and helpful ways. Richard Branson, Virgin Group
Of course, our branches are run in smaller environments but the ethos and principles of excellent customer care are the same, and can be very effective if applied rigorously and consistently during every customer interaction.
What do you do to make your customers feel special? Do you have a mantra or a mission statement that you focus on in your branch? Let us know.